BANDED JANUARY 5, 2010

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recovery at home

I don't think my hubs realizes what he signed up for when he took 8 days off of work to take care of me AND the baby. Pretty sure after about the first 24 hours he was ready to throw in the towel, or just throw the towel at me....

It's difficult feeling helpless, especially when you're a mom to an 11-month old. I haven't cooked a meal in about 10 days, which I'm sure the hubs is not appreciating. And the state of my laundry room is leaving much to be desired. Oh well, I will get there. Did I mention that my Christmas decor is still up *sigh*....

The pain is mostly deep muscle and some gas pains from my abdominal cavity being filled with air during surgery. The oxygen is trying to escape my body and is slowing killing me in the meantime. I'd take back my gall-bladder pain in a heartbeat compared to this. I've heard some people relate it to having a heart attack.....not that I would know what that feels like.

I can't bend over to pick things up which I drop, which makes the hubs frustrated cause he doesn't like picking up after me. And I can't pick up the baby for at least another 5 days or so, which means daddy is doing everything.

We've had some great support and help though. My cousin came and took the baby for about 3 hours yesterday which gave the hubs a break. We've had meals brought in each night which has been a huge help. The hubs got a nice steak, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and rolls last night. I'm sticking to my yogurt and pureed soups. It's working nicely so far.

I appreciate all the calls of concern and love being shown across the miles. I'm staying pretty positive and am already down 10 lbs from when I started my clear liquids pre-op till now. Kind of amazing. Only 140 lbs to go to my goal weight....kind of daunting.

I did pass out today. That was strange. I bent over to fix my daughters heater and apparently that mixed with my pain meds just didn't mesh well. So, needless to say, I'm banned to the couch or bed.

Thanks to everyone who has helped or offered to help. Keep us in your prayers....especially the hubs. He needs them more than me......

3 comments:

Shelbee said...

Congrats on the 10 pounds! 140 might seem like a lot, but if you think of it in smaller goals it might not feel so daunting. I hope you're feeling better and better each day. Don't ever give up!

Lucy and Landon said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. I can't imagine trying to recovery from surgery, no fun. I think my husband would die if i couldn't do anything. Good luck with everything. :)

The Royal Family said...

Glad you've made it this far. Men just need a little practice and they figure it out... it just doesn't come as naturally to them. Hope things stay well.

Goodluck!
peeking in- Brandy King