BANDED JANUARY 5, 2010

Monday, March 15, 2010

Right on Track

I had an appt this morning. I had a metabolic test done that shows I burn approximately 2500 calories per day at rest. I also found out I've lost more weight. I hit my first 25 lb mark!!! Hurray! Only 125 more lbs to go! WOW....overwhelming in those terms.

We set a goal to be at 145 by June of 2011. I was told today that 18 months is a realistic goal for losing that much weight. With my current weight loss, we are right on track. My banding was close to 70 days ago. That was 10 weeks ago.  That puts me at 2.5 lbs/week lost.

I was worried today before my appointment, mostly because I've been feeling like the weight is coming off too slowly. But, talking with Andrea and Brooke at the clinic made me feel much better.

I started taking birth control pills about 60 days ago. I'd never taken them before and I kind of feel like my body is still trying to work through the hormone shift, possibly slowing weight loss.

I also need to up my excercising. Up till now, I've been walking mostly. But I received some great recommendations for cardio videos. So, I'll be moving in that direction.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

That is SOOOOO amazingly awesome, Mama! I LOVE IT! I also loved the pics of all the clothes you get to donate and make room for other phases of clothes! YAY (doing the happy dance)!

sevenpennys said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting!! Good luck!

J, C, and E said...

That's excellent! One head's up for you concerning the birth control pills, they can really mess with your emotions and attitude.

Shelbee said...

You're doing a great job! I'm really happy for you!
How do they do the metabolic test and is it a normal average to burn 2500 calories per day at rest? If I can burn that many then it seems like I should be losing weight!!

Sheena said...

That's very exciting! I think you should post another picture on your sidebar....an update.